Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Day - School Open Day

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd do a random post because I want to tell you about how my yesterday went.

Let's start with the morning. I got ready for school, like any other morning. But this day was different. Today I was going to the School's annual Open Day. Not as a buyer, but a seller. I was excited by this because (well, to be honest I was excited that we get part of the profit made) I had never done this before and will probably never get to do it again.

Once I had got to school, I met my friends in the normal meeting place. We then walked to our  lockers and got our books out for the first lesson (English). English was... interesting. I don't particularly like English, but that is part of the reason I started my blog; to get better at English.

After morning tea was Home Economics. This lesson we were cooking something from a different religion that we had no experience with. I had chosen to make Salmon Rillettes, which is basically a salmon spread that goes on bread (it's really yummy). 

After lunch, my dad came to drop off supplies for the business* and I gave him all of my things that I did not need for the business (for instance, my history homework). I walked back to the stall, cans in my bag and (almost) a spring in my step (my bag is heavy, okay). 

We were setting up the stall quite well. I think it looked quite good, but someone walking past said it looked kind of empty, but oh well. It was not empty, but spacious. Spacious.

After hours and hours of people playing our game, we made a profit! I don't know how much yet, but I'll find out and tell you (I think it was about $50).

My parents came and found me, I had dinner (hotdog and soda), packed up the stall and headed for home.

When we got home, we all had showers (not at the same time), put our pyjamas on and sat down to watch Once Upon a Time. If you watch this show you will know what I mean when I say that I am up to the bit where Neil was found and the Wicked Witch's identity was discovered. 

That is my whole yesterday, from start to finish.

Bye!

*The business was made up of multiple people. Our business was a carnival game. It was s a knock-the-cans-over, pop-a-balloon, win-a-prize kind of game.

To find out when I post something new, click the "Join This Site" button under the +1 button.

To follow me on other websites, click on the Contact Me button in the bar up the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment