Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2018

February Favourites


Hey everyone!

How is it that we are already two months into this year? I swear I say this every month, but time moves far too quickly for my liking. February brought with it a new semester of university, which, as much as it needs to happen, I wish my holidays could have gone on forever. I am already stressing about all this term’s assessments (that I better start on, like, yesterday). In saying that, though, there has been a lot to love about this month, so let’s get started.


For the past few months, one of my friends has been trying to get the rest of us to fall in love with Hamilton, a rap musical about America’s first Secretary of Treasury, Alexander Hamilton. I began listening, actually listening, to the lyrics this month and have become completely obsessed with it. At first, I was just intrigued by his life story, but now I’m completely invested in learning about the American Revolution (I mean, as much as I can be while I have uni work to do) and all of the lyrics to each song. I don’t think I could possibly pick a favourite song (at least not yet) because it's still so new to me and I need time to figure it out.
  

My next favourite is my insulated water bottle that I got for Christmas. It is truly magical. If you leave it in the fridge overnight without the lid on, the water will get cold and then be cold all day when you take it to uni. Even though we are now technically not in summer anymore, it still gets hot and I’ll need some hydration to get me through the day.



I got a new bag for uni this year and I love it so much. I bought it from Sportsgirl in preparation for uni about 6 weeks ago. It works much the same as any other bag does, and the zip doesn’t break like my old one did, so that’s a plus. Also, the roses on it are a really nice touch, aesthetically, which is honestly a huge bonus for me. Last year’s bag was fine, but it’s got nothing on this one.


The last thing on my favourites this month could potentially cure cancer. I know, I know, big claims, but trust me on this. I downloaded an app called DreamLab this month that does calculations to help cure cancer while you charge your phone. I use it almost every night (sometimes I forget to) and have so far clocked up a total of 628 calculations. It makes me feel like I’m making a difference in people’s lives and, potentially, I am. The calculations my phone does while charging help to find ways to treat and cure cancers throughout the body. Each project has millions of calculations that need to be completed, and every little bit helps, so I highly recommend you download and use this app. It’s free on the App Store (and maybe Google Play but I’m not certain) and really easy to use.

What have you loved during February? Do you like my favourites?


Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment