Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

My Christmas Day 2017


Hey everyone!

Seeing as it was Christmas just this past Monday, I thought it would be nice to tell you how I spent mine.

I woke up at the ungodly hour of 6am; we were supposed to wake up at 5:30, so I guess that counts as a sleep in. I grabbed my bagful of presents that was hanging on my door and brought it out to the lounge room near the tree. We (me and my younger brother) dug through our bags to see what Santa had delivered to us. I received a rose gold light up ‘N’, a tiny little body wash from Bath and Body Works, a sonic face cleansing brush, a blue insulated water bottle, a green off the shoulder jumpsuit and strapless bra to go beneath it (which is not pictured because that’s weird), and an avalanche of chocolate money (which I ate while watching the others opening their presents, so no picture of that either).


After completely emptying our bags, it was on to tree presents. One from Mum and Dad and the other from Santa himself (even though we discovered the secret about eight years ago, we still get Santa presents). From Mum and Dad, I received a black Mimco pouch with a rose gold circle in the centre. It is really pretty, and I love it so much. From Santa, I received a Fenty Beauty Foundation brush, which feels really nice and soft on my hands. Now I just have to find a foundation to use it with…


After presents, it was time for Christmas breakfast. We had to go fast since we had to be out of the house before 8 o’clock, having to be at Christmas lunch by 8:30. Mum had served up some choc-chip waffles (by accident, she didn’t realise they were choc-chip when she bought them!) with strawberries cooked in maple syrup and topped with vanilla ice cream. Delicious! After breakfast was finished Mum announced, “We need to bang!” (to which I scoffed). I soon realised she meant the Christmas crackers. I won one of mine and lost the other. Inside the crackers were little tealight candles covered in glitter, a paper crown and a corny joke or two. We then hastily got ourselves ready, packed the presents and food into the car and we were off to Christmas lunch with Dad’s family.


We were a little bit early to Christmas lunch (well, we weren’t last to arrive, at least) and I had been sitting down for maybe 5 minutes when I started seeing some little sparkling lights in my eyes. A migraine. Who gets a migraine on Christmas? This girl. I immediately told Mum and she got up to find the Panadol. After a little while, the migraine went away and I felt that weird feeling you get after migraines, sort of a feeling of emptiness, I guess. Soon after that it was presents time! The first presents I received were from Grandma and Granddad, and they were Harry Potter: A History of Magic and a bucket of Honeycomb flavoured Maltesers. My next presents came from my Dad’s auntie (who I just call Auntie), and they were an umbrella (awesome since my last one broke), a purse with Paris on, and a bracelet and a bookmark inside the purse itself. From my Dad’s cousin (whose house we were at), I received a photo frame with a string in it to peg about four or so pictures to, which I will definitely utilise once I find a place on my wall to hang it. And finally, from my Dad’s other Auntie and Uncle, I received Harry Potter: A Journey Through the History of Magic.


After presents, it was time for lunch. There were a vast array of hot foods on offer (it was lucky that we ate inside in the air conditioning!). Onto my plate, I stacked some ham, Mum’s roasted baby carrots, some roast pumpkin and potato, roast chicken, and some cauliflower bake with melted cheese on the top. It was bloody delicious if I do say so myself. There was barely time to fit in dessert as well, which consisted of the most amazing pavlova you have ever seen. It even had chocolate shaved onto the top! Then we absolutely had to leave so we weren’t late for Christmas dinner with Mum’s family.


Once we had arrived at Grandma’s house, we were blissfully welcomed into the air conditioning (thank God, it was at least 30 degrees at the time). We sat around for a little while just cooling off in the air con before moving into the front room for the third round of presents that day. First, from my Auntie and Uncle I received rose gold headphones and a rose gold pouch for them to go in. From Grandma and Grandpa, I received a blue and white striped top and some denim shorts with a cute little belt. And finally, from my other Aunt and Uncle, I received a black flowery off the shoulder jumpsuit and a box of Maltesers (that I still haven’t opened yet).


After presents were done, final preparations were made for dinner before it was served to the masses. Despite having a massive lunch, I filled my plate entirely. I got some turkey, some potato salad, Mum’s ambrosia salad and watermelon salad, and some green salad that I mostly got solely for the avocado in it. I also managed to steal some of my cousin’s ham since she didn’t want any more. The whole time, I was battling a sudden head cold that I assume I got from being in and out of air conditioning all day. My nose was running, I was sneezing loads and my eyes were watering enough to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool (and lemme tell you, they aren’t small). After dinner, we went back inside and played some Jenga (it turns out that even when I try to cheat at it, I still lose) and had some pudding with custard and chocolate sauce.


Overall, despite my body fighting against me for most of it, I’d say I had a pretty good day.

How did you spend your Christmas?


Love, Nicky x

4 comments:

  1. Aww love reading how people spend Christmas as everyone does it so differently ! You received some lovely gifts too 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing how other people spend their Christmases! What's crazy is how fast the holidays went by! I can't believe it's all over. Anyway, looks like you had a wonderful day and got some fantastic gifts! 😊

    ReplyDelete