Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Christmas Tag


Hey everyone!

I thought that since Christmas is literally right around the corner that I would do a little Christmas tag to get everyone in the mood for the big day. I, of course, am already in the Christmas mood and am overly excited for it. Once the Christmas tree is up, decorations placed about the house, and lights strung along the front of the house, its hard not to feel at least a little bit Christmassy. So, on with the questions!

   1.       What is your favourite Christmas movie/s?

There are so so many Christmas movies, but my favourite ones are The Santa Clause (all three!), The Polar Express, and Elf. There weren’t any Christmas movies on TV this year – at least when I looked – but I have marathoned Harry Potter twice and although they’re not particularly Christmas movies, they make me happy and the Christmas scenes make me wish I could spend a Christmas at Hogwarts, but alas I never got my letter, so at home in Australia it is.

   2.       Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

We have always opened our presents on Christmas Day, in the morning. Sometimes we’ve had to get up super early because Dad had to leave for work (how rubbish is it to have to work on Christmas?), but we always do them in the morning. We have bags that hang from our doors (they’re like stockings but bigger) that get filled with little presents like books and pyjamas, and our main presents under the tree, one from Santa and one from Mum and Dad.

   3.       Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

I don’t know if I have a favourite Christmas memory, but one that I do have that I like a lot is one year when Christmas was at my house I got Just Dance 3 on the Wii. After presents and dinner, we all got together in the living room and took turns in groups of four dancing like idiots and laughing a lot.

   4.       Favourite festive food?

I don’t know if it's festive, but every year my mum makes chocolate truffles and they are very good. I have at least five of those. Last year I had to be careful since I was wearing a white skirt. Another favourite is Ambrosia salad. It is technically a salad, but it is made up of mandarins, marshmallows and shredded coconut. I mostly just eat the marshmallows, but I still love it nonetheless.

   5.       Favourite Christmas gift?

Is it bad that I don’t really remember what I got for Christmas as a kid? One Christmas I do remember, I must’ve been twelve, I got my first ever phone. I was so happy that I finally had one that I accidentally broke it. I loaded too many apps onto it at once and it kinda crapped itself. Dad gave me a replacement hand-me-down phone for the two weeks it took to fix it, but after that, I took good care of it, like I do with all my technology nowadays.

   6.       Favourite Christmas scent?

Oooooh, that’s hard! It would have to be those Christmas spice candles, I reckon. Can’t get much better than that!

   7.       Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

We always go visit either my Grandma or Great Aunt (on Mum’s side) for Christmas Eve nibblies and chats. I have kind of developed the tradition of always watching the Christmas Eve Carols on the TV. I’ve done it ever since I was little, and still do, even if no one watches them with me.

   8.       What tops your tree?

We have two trees, mostly because Mum buys way too many decorations to fit on the one tree that the excess goes on the other. Our main tree (the one the presents go under) has an angel atop it. I believe it may have been a wedding present, but I can’t be sure. I named her Christine and she watches over our present openings every year. Our second tree sits in the front room in front of a window so we can see it twinkling from outside. Atop it sits a red tree topper stick thing. I don’t really know how to describe it but it’s shiny, red, and has gold glitter on it around the base.

   9.       As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?

I don’t know if I ever actually asked for it, but my auntie always told me to ask Santa for a pony. Mum or someone would ask four-year-old me what I’d like for Christmas and apparently, she’d be sitting right near me whispering in my ear “A pony! A pony!”. I never did get a pony, but to be fair I never did put it on my list. I don’t think it would have mattered either way; Mum would never have let Santa deliver me a pony.

   10.   What is the best part about Christmas for you?

My favourite part of Christmas is definitely the food. Sure, seeing family is good, and gift giving and receiving is great and all, but Christmas breakfast, lunch and dinner are where it's at. The best part of the food, though, is the Christmas crackers – terrible jokes and the paper crowns everyone wears on their heads while eating is so good!

Are you as excited for Christmas as I am? Either way, have a great holiday season!


Love, Nicky x

6 comments:

  1. Hello! I have just stumbled upon your blog�� It's cute how you guys have bags hanging on your door for the little presents. It's like the appetizer to your main gifts haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We’ve done bags ever since we were little and I love it. Opening up your door on Christmas Day to find your bag filled with prezzies. It’s the best!

      Love, Nicky x

      Delete
  2. My favourite Santa Clause movie is the third one!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of them; I couldn’t possibly choose one!

      Love, Nicky x

      Delete
  3. Cute holiday post!! Just came from twitter :)

    ReplyDelete