Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Birthday Makeup

Hi everyone,



For those of you who didn't know, I had my birthday last Thursday (7th of August). As I don't celebrate my birthday till Sunday because that's when I go to see the rest of my family, I thought I'd post this on the day of so you can basically watch me get my face ready.

The first thing I'll do is wash my face with the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in Mild. I do this every day to make sure my face is clean before I put makeup on it.

The next thing I'll do is exfoliate. I use the Clinique Clarifying Lotion in 3 (for Dry to Combination Skin) as it works really well and really helps keep those pesky spots and blemishes away.

The third and final step of my face routine is to moisturise. As it is a day event that I might go outside in, I use my Biore Nourish Moisture Lotion with SPF 15. If it was a night time event, I would use my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisture Gel or Moisture Surge (also from Clinique). 

Now on to makeup...

The first step in my makeup is eyes (I do eyes first because I have no foundation or concealer to use). For a bit of colour, I use the palest purple shade in my Inglot palette all over the lid. I will then *attempt* to blend the middle purple shade into the crease of my eye.

I will then use my Covergirl Nature Luxe Mascara in Very Black on my top lashes. It would just get a bit messy if I tried to do my bottom lashes, so I steer clear of those.

I then use the blush shade in my Napoleon Perdis Ultimate Contour Palette on the apples of my cheeks using my Napoleon Perdis Contour Brush. I avoid contouring my face because I just can't do it; Mum always says it looks like I have got a stripe of dirt on my cheeks.

The final step of my makeup is lipstick. The one I am going to use is my Maybelline Colour Whispers in Pink Possibilities.

Here is the finished look!
That is my entire birthday makeup tutorial. I hope you enjoyed it. I will be back on Wednesday with my July Favourites.

Bye!

To find out when I post something new, click the "Join This Site" button under the +1 button.

To follow me on other websites, click on the Contact Me button in the bar up the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment