Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

My Christmas Day 2016



Hey peeps!

As it was Christmas last Sunday, I thought I would share with you my Christmas day.

On Christmas morning I woke up at about 6am (because of my 14 year old brother) to see a bag full of presents on my floor. I grabbed my bag and went out to the tree to find more presents with my name on them (one from Mum and Dad, the other from Santa). First, I opened up my bag and rummaged around, pulling out all manner of different things. The first being a lamp (and light bulb that mum had sneakily bought in my presence) with a rose gold lamp shade. This will go on my desk once I’ve tidied it up a bit more. Next, I pulled out a rose gold compact mirror with diamantes on it. Then I pulled out some cleanser and an exfoliator thing (both from The Body Shop). Finally, I tipped the bag upside down and a small avalanche of chocolate coins fell out (and surprisingly, I still haven’t finished them).



I then moved on to the wrapped presents, starting with Santa’s. It was a Bluetooth speaker (ironically, not blue) with an Extra Base feature. I have tried it out on multiple occasions and I really enjoy the sound quality that the speaker emits, fyi. The second present under the tree was in a shoe box, and because Mum often uses shoe boxes as mock boxes I assumed that there was something else in the shoe box other than shoes (last time there was an iPhone 6S). I was wrong. There was a pair of white lo cut Converses in the box and I love them so much that I have worn them almost every day this past week.



We then went to the dining room where Mum was finishing up cooking breakfast. After a little while, breakfast was served. It was waffles with strawberries caramelised in maple syrup, and extra maple syrup for good measure. It. Was. So. Good. Oh, and did I mention there was ice cream as well? Best. Breakfast. Ever! We did Christmas crackers and told our crappy jokes and put on our paper hats (mine was green) and we had a jolly old time until we had to get ready to go to dad’s family’s Christmas.



When we got to where we were having dad’s family’s Christmas, we did a lot of waiting (we had got there a bit early). Once everyone was there, we did some catching up with everyone. Then we moved on to doing presents. My first present was from my dad’s aunty and uncle and it was Illuminae by Amie Kaufman. I am so excited to read this, but it is a massive book so I better get onto it quickly so I finish it before I go to uni (I’m not good at reading books while I have more important things to do). From another of my dad’s aunties I got a pink bag and a silver purse (which comes with a chain so I can carry it like a bag). The purse also came with $20 in it as well (thanks Aunty!). From my dad’s cousin’s family I got Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. This wasn’t on my list, but I really want to read as I have heard many good things about it. From my granddad and grandma I got two bags of Maltesers (which I have already eaten so I don’t have any pictures of them) and On the Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher. Maltesers are always welcome as a present and I can’t wait to read Carrie’s book!



After presents, we did Christmas lunch, which was made up of many salads and a variety of meats. It was all so yummy and I had a great time. Unfortunately we couldn’t stay for dessert because had to leave early to go home and set up for Christmas dinner with Mum’s family.


Once we got back home, we had half an hour to set up for Christmas dinner, which we did quite well I think! Everyone started arriving bearing gifts and food at about 3 o’clock, which we helped set up and put away. Then we did some chatting and catching up for a little bit before doing presents. My first present was from grandma and grandpa and it was Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon and a lovely phone case (which is already on my phone). From one of my aunties I got a white jumpsuit and a pair of rose gold sunglasses. From my other aunty I got the Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette and the same phone case that grandma got me (so I gave it back to her and she’s going to get me something else later on).

In case you were wondering, I was ready to go Boxing Day shopping.

Then we did talking for a little while longer until it was time for dinner. We had a whole array of different salads and meats (different from lunch) that were delicious. We did Christmas crackers, told our awful jokes, and wore our paper hats. Some of us decided to go for a walk to let our dinner settle before pudding. One of my aunties made a delicious chocolate pudding with chocolate sauce and custard. This was the first time we had it, but now we’ll have every year from now on – that’s how good it was.



So, overall I think it was a pretty good day.

How was your Christmas?

Love, Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. Awww your blog is lovely! I think your layout is really cute :) Your dinner looks delicious 😊
    Can't wait to read more of your post!

    Nikki O. | www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our Christmas dinner was delicious!

      Nicky x

      Delete