Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2016

2016 Favourites!



Hey peeps!

As the year is coming to a close in two weeks (where did all that time go?!), I thought I would share with you what I have loved this year. This year has been a big one for me. I went through my last year of school and graduated at the end (woo!). There were lots of trials and tribulations throughout the year in the form of final assessments and formal (prom) and plenty of fun times. I just hope that my efforts were enough to get me into the uni course I want. I want to do a business degree or a creative writing course. They have been the things I have found fun in my last years of school, so I hope I get an OP that will get me into one of those. Anyway, here are my favourites from this year!

First up is a hand cream. It is from Crabtree & Evelyn London in Sugar & Spice. I have been using it sporadically throughout the year but I’ve started using it more frequently in recent weeks as it smells like Christmas in a hand cream. It is very cinnamon-y and sweet, which I like, especially around Christmas time, getting me into the Christmas spirit every time I moisturise my hands.




The next product I have loved in 2016 is from The Body Shop. It is their Shea Body Butter. I have mainly used this on my legs after getting out of the shower. I had very obvious stretch marks there for a while but after using this body butter, they have all but disappeared completely. You can still see them a bit, but overall it has increased my body confidence which is always a plus. I’m not particularly a fan of the scent, but I don’t mind it considering the confidence boost it gives me (and the fact that it comes in many other scents as well like Strawberry and Mango).



The next product is one that I got for my birthday. It is the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in Electric Pink. I have worn this whenever I’ve gone out to dinner or for a special occasion and it has never failed to make me feel so good about myself. I know that is a bit meh but it is the prettiest lip colour I have currently in my collection. Although it has a matte formula, it is quite moisturising and applies very well. In saying that, if you stuff up the application of it, it will be quite obvious due to the bright colour, but that can be easily fixed with a bit of concealer or makeup remover.




Last Christmas, I got a 3 year diary. I have used this every day (okay, so maybe I haven’t, but I’ve done my best), and I love it. I think it is a really great way of looking back on past years of filling in a diary. It asks questions like:

What did you have for lunch today? Was it good?
What three things would you take to a deserted island?
Who was the last person you called?

And I like that the questions are random and not something you would normally think about.




I read a book while I was at schoolies in late November that I really liked. It was The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (yes her first name is the same as mine, but that’s not why I like it). It is a love story about Natasha and Daniel. Natasha is an undocumented Jamaican girl who is trying to prevent her family from being deported. She sees things very logically and applies science to everything to make sense of things. Daniel is a Korean-American guy who has parents that are forcing him to be a doctor, despite his love for poetry. I can’t explain why I like this book but I really like it and if you like romances then you will probably like this book.




My final favourite is school. I’m really going to miss school, so it’s going to go in my favourites. I have loved every second of this school year. Yes, even the assessments. I am going to miss seeing my friends every day, I am going to miss going to the sports carnivals; I’m going to miss everything.

That is all of my favourites of this year. I hope you enjoyed it!

What were your favourites over the past year?


Love, Nicky x

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to get a 3-5 year dairy for a while and I have no idea why I haven't yet! I'm glad that you like it and are keeping up with it! It's adorable and a great memory to keep!

    Alisha | http://www.alishaspinkdaisies.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one! They really are great, especially if your in a turning point in your life like going to uni (like me) or something.

      Nicky x

      Delete
  2. The C&E hand cream is absolutely wonderful! It smells so so good!

    ReplyDelete