Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Thoughts and Ramblings



Hey peeps,

This week has been pretty uneventful for me. I haven’t really done anything of value and I still haven’t finished the Goblet of Fire yet. Truth is, I haven’t come up with any ideas this week for a blog post and I guess you could call that a creative block.

Currently, I am sitting on my blue, spinny chair (it has wheels, too!) at my desk that I’ve had since I was little (it used to belong to my mum when she was a kid), semi-dying in the apparently 34 degree Celsius heat even with my windows wide open. In case you work in Fahrenheit, that’s about 93 degrees. Before you ask, no, I definitely did not just Google “34 c in f” (ok, you got me, yes I did). It is Thursday the 2nd of February 2017 at about 12:30pm. I should probably eat something before I continue. My phone just dinged and it told me to have lunch (yes, I have a reminder to have lunch and it is very useful, actually), so I guess today I am ahead of technology.

You may be thinking ‘Wow, Nicky. For a creative block, you’ve written almost 200 words!’. To that I say: thanks, but this has taken me at least 4 days to get around to doing, so yeah. Since I can’t think of anything else to write, I might just give you a quick update on my life.

Here is my current life by the numbers:
Boyfriends had (ever): 0
Years of having braces: about 4.5
Chances of getting them off soon: 39% <- optimistic
Days till I go to university: 18
Books read this year: 1.23 (the 0.23 is the Goblet of Fire)
Gatherings with friends since school ended (in November): probably around 10

Those numbers add up to 34.12, which has no significance at all. I see all those horoscopes and the ‘predict my future’ things, but what can we really take away from them, seriously? Horoscopes categorise people into twelve different groups no matter what their experiences or background is and give a vague reading of the stars as to how your day might pan out. All those things that give characteristics to different star signs is a load of baloney as well.

Being a Leo, I'm supposed to be a born leader, but I couldn’t think of anything worse. However, it also says that they like to be noticed, which may be why I have danced since I was 5 (not anymore though) and also may be why I started this blog. Maybe I am a Leo, but I also think I have traits from other star signs. I think everyone does, because no one can be exactly the same as someone else.

There is a test you probably have heard of called the Myers-Briggs test. It takes around 10 to 20 minutes to do and at the end it spits out four letters that are your personality. I have taken it a couple of times throughout my life (in Careers classes at school) and have mostly gotten the same four letters spat at me. INFP. This means that I am “The Mediator”, my letters standing for Introverted, iNtuition, Feeling and Perception. I then went and checked the Career path section of the page and it said that I was destined (my words, not theirs) to become a writer. Would you look at that? I’m doing a writing degree at university and I have been blogging (although on and off) since I was fourteen.

Maybe the Myers-Briggs test is right. It certainly makes more sense than being labelled something because you were born in a certain month.

That was a long ramble about pretty much nothing, but I think I'm out of my creative slump a bit more now *does little happy dance*.

What do you think about horoscopes? Have you taken the Myers-Briggs test? Also, what do you want to see next week on the blog?


Love, Nicky x

4 comments:

  1. I read horoscopes for fun sometimes but don't really believe in them. Hmm nextvweek maybe you can do an outfit of the day! :)

    www.makeupisdelish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm INFP too! That explains why we get along so well :)

    Alisha | alishaspinkdaisies.com

    ReplyDelete