Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

January Favourites



Hey peeps!

It is coming to the end of January, bringing with it the beginning of monthly favourites-es. This month has been a month of heatwaves and university offers, failed resolutions and unexpected plans with my friends. I, myself, haven’t failed any resolutions (yet), but I'm sure there are people who failed theirs in the first week. I have been using products, reading books, listening to music, and wearing shoes (and clothes) throughout this month and I would like to share with you my favourites of those products, books, and clothes.



First on my list of things is The Body Shop Facial Buffer. I have told you about this before, but basically you put a bit of cleanser on it and rub it on your face in little circular motions until you have buffed your entire face. I like that it is exfoliating as it always leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. It hasn’t yet conquered my pimples, but I did notice less of them as the month went on. I have also used it to clean my makeup brushes. I don’t think it is supposed to be used for this, but it works!



Next on my list of favourites for this month are my Converses. I. Love. Them. So. Much. They are so comfortable and go with everything. I wear them pretty much every time I go on a PokéWalk with Mum (I know that Pokémon Go isn’t cool anymore, but I don’t care). I don’t wear them to my Grandma’s house (we visit every Sunday for dinner) because her little pug, Peggy (I believe you’ve been introduced), absolutely loves shoelaces. She loves them so much that she chews them to almost complete obliteration. Anyway, I love my converses a whole lot and I think it’s time to move on to the next favourite.



I have read and completed one book this month (I am still reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), which is Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I loved this book so much that I finished it in just over a day. I started it on New Year’s Eve and finished it on New Year’s Day. I literally could not put it down. You know those reviews that say they couldn’t put down a book? That was me with this book. I have never done that before but Everything, Everything did it for me. I have explained to you the plot before but basically it is about a girl who is allergic to everything (hence the title), a boy moves in next door and madness ensues.



Next on my list of favourites is another Christmas present. I have loved the Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette a lot this month. They blend really well on my eyelid and it has a sticker on the back to show you what combinations work and where to place the colours in case you have absolutely no idea. I have only really used the lighter shades (I have experimented with darker colours, but I've only worn lighter colours to parties and things). I have mostly used the colours that I used in my go to makeup look, but I am excited to try some of the other colours more often.



The next thing on my list is something I have had for quite a while (you can probably tell that just by looking at it). It is my Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayon in Peach on the Beach. This is quite a summery colour so I have been wearing this a lot seeing as it is summer where I live. It stays on quite well, even with eating, which is very important as I generally wear it to grandma’s house and restaurants.



This month has seen me listening to a lot of music, new and old, and I have my favourites. The great Ed Sheeran released two songs at the beginning of this month and I love both of them. Castle on the Hill is my favourite of the two, but Shape of You is a close second. I also bought some music that came out last year (thus making it old) that I absolutely love. I bought both of Shawn Mendes’ albums and I highly recommend everything that he writes. My favourite of the two albums is Illuminate as my favourite song (Mercy) is on it, but I do love Handwritten as well. I could go on for ages about how much I love his music, but I think you’d get a bit bored of listening to me talk about him.

What are your favourite things from January? What is your favourite song?


Love, Nicky x

6 comments:

  1. Peach on the Beach is one of my favourites too! It's such a pretty shade xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'd really like to try the other shades in the collection as well.

      Nicky x

      Delete
  2. I still love Pokemon Go! And you make Everything Everything sound so good! I added it to my book wish list on amazon! Hope all is well! x

    Alisha | alishaspinkdaisies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it! Also, Nicola Yoon's other book (The Sun is Also A Star) is good too.

      Nicky x

      Delete
  3. I have the Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette as well and it's great! My favorite song lately would be any one of Bruno Mars' new songs :)

    www.makeupisdelish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really listened to Bruno's new stuff (the only song I have bought of his is Grenade), but maybe I should give it a listen!

      Nicky x

      Delete