Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Summer Evening Routine


Hey peeps!

As it is summer time where I live, I thought I would explain to you my evening routine. The evening is the time when I wash off all the sweat and stuff the hot, humid summer day gave me (lovely image, Nicky, well done). Anyway, on with the routine!

 Shower time!


When I get in the shower, the first thing I do is wash my face. Since Christmas, I have been using The Body Shop’s Facial Buffer with some Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash to wash my face. I scrub in little circles all over my face to exfoliate just enough to get rid of all the dead skin on my face from the day. Then I move on to washing my body. Currently I am using the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush body wash, which smells ah-mazing by the way (if you’re a long-time reader, you would already know of my love for it).

Skin care


Once I’m out of the shower (after maybe having a bit of standing under the cold water to make up for the summer heat), I do my night time skin care. I don’t have any serums, oils or anything like that (mainly because I'm broke and can’t afford them), so I go straight on to toner and moisturiser. I am currently using the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 on a makeup remover pad all over my face (except around the eyes, obviously). It works well to keep my blemishes and pimples away, which is ALWAYS a plus for me.

After toner, I go straight on to moisturiser. Currently I'm using the Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish moisturiser to great success. It is a really light moisturiser that sinks into my skin almost immediately. I must admit that sometimes I do forget to do my night time skincare, either because I'm too tired or my brother decides he needs to go to the toilet right after my shower (which does happen more than you’d think).

Dinner time!

After doing my skin care (if I remember), I go to my room and quickly put on my pyjamas before dinner. Then I go help Mum finish cooking the dinner, set the table or just go straight to the table (if the former was already done). After dinner, we watch the TV for a bit. Currently, we watch police shows and get really into them. We also watch cricket (when my dad is home from work) and Once Upon a Time (when dad is still at work, so he doesn’t get spoilers. I know we should wait for him and watch it together, but we are so much further ahead of him in terms of episodes, so yeah).



At about nine thirty we switch off the TV and get ready for bed. I go and brush my teeth (which is particularly important since I have braces) and do my puffer so I don’t get short of breath (I have had asthma since late 2015). After that I go back to my room and switch on my air conditioner. I tidy up my room a bit so that I don’t end up wading through masses of mess to get to my bed. I then tuck myself into bed and read for a bit. I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; I’m rereading the series for the third time. Once I’ve finished a chapter or two I turn off my light, put my air conditioner on sleep mode (so it turns off automatically) and go to sleep.

What is your current evening routine?


Love, Nicky x

9 comments:

  1. This a great post.
    How about we follow each other on bloglovin'? Follow me and I'll follow you back.
    http://societyfix.blogspot.com.eg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds great! Followed!

      Nicky x

      Delete
  2. I love that I'm not the only one who reads the Harry Potter series over and over again! Congratulations on getting into University by the way!

    Alisha | http://www.alishaspinkdaisies.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a great series and who can resist slipping back into the world of magic? Thankyou! I'm really excited to start (I think I start near the end of February).

      Nicky x

      Delete
  3. My evening routine currently involves a lot of late nights working and a whole lot of One Tree Hill! Your routine looks really fun though, I love re-reading the HP series and I love Once Upon A Time as well!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched One Tree Hill before (maybe I should!), and I do love Once Upon a Time, but I'm only up to series 4. Since it stopped airing on tv in Australia, we've had to wait for it to come out on dvd.

      Nicky x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to re-read the harry potter series for soo long! I must read it soon
    Jade
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great to return to the world of magic, so you definitely should!

      Nicky x

      Delete