Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

February Favourites 2017


Hey peeps!

We have come to the end of another month in 2017. It’s going so fast! I start university on Monday next week and I am basically a ball of nerves and excitement. I am writing this on my new laptop that I got for university and I like it a lot. It is currently Friday and I still need a laptop bag (I would like a marble one, but a mint one would also be nice) and a backpack to carry all my uni stuff in, but I feel like I am mentally and emotionally prepared for a new part of my life. I would also like to have a job, but that’s another story. Anyway, that is not what this post is about. This post is my February Favourites, so let’s get onto that!


My first favourite for this past month is The Body Shop’s Aloe Calming Foaming Wash. I got this for Christmas, but I only started using it at the start of February as I was still using up another cleanser. I seriously love this cleanser. It has cleared up my skin quite well (which is hard to do considering the weather) and left it feeling soft and smooth. Admittedly, I have also been religiously using the Clinique toner and a Simple moisturiser morning and night, and that may have also had an impact on my skin, but my last cleanser did not work as well even with the toner and moisturiser.


My next favourite from February is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I use this whenever I go out (not if I’m just popping to the shops, but a bit more than that, you know?) and it works quite well for me. I use it on my undereye circles and blemishes as well. I put a transparent powder on top of it to set it and I find that it has good staying power, but in the heat when I’m sweating a lot it sometimes melts off a little bit. For the most part, it has worked great for me.


My third favourite for the month is the Maybelline Express Remover, which is a little pot with nail polish remover filled sponges around the edges. All you have to do is wiggle your fingers around in there (the weirdest sentence I’ve ever written) until your nail polish has come off. I find it effortless to use and quite effective in removing all my nail polish in one go. I absolutely hate removing nail polish, so finding an easier way to do it is great! It also creates a lot less mess than removing nail polish normally with nail polish remover and cotton balls since it’s all contained in the one pot.


My final favourite is Chained to the Rhythm, a song by Katy Perry. I love this song so much! It’s quite boppy and dancey, which I like in a song. It makes me look forward to her new album that much more. I’m happy-dancing in my seat just thinking about it! I know it has political undertones, but I don’t really care. Katy is quite a political person in general, so I kind of expect political undertones in a lot of her new music. Also, the music video for it is fabulous. I love all the costumes and makeup and the whole story behind it.


They are all my favourites from this past month. I’m looking forward to the coming months with all the changes in my life and whatnot!

What favourites have you had in February? Do you like my favourites?


Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment