Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Autumn Morning Routine


Hey peeps!

I thought that since I have a new schedule due to university, I would show you my morning routine I do before I go to my lectures and tutorials. I am so far enjoying my time at university, but then again, I haven’t had any assessments to do yet. I’ve never had to catch the bus to school before (I’ve always either walked or get dropped off), so catching the bus is a new experience for me. I know that’s kinda lame, but it’s true. Also, there is a massive hill at my campus that I walk up almost every day and my legs feel like they are going to fall off. Anyway, on with the routine!

First, as soon as I wake up, I pick up my phone and scroll through Instagram (@knickknack99) and Snapchat (knicknack7899). I also say good morning to my Snapchat peeps, playing with the filters and stickers.


Then I sit on my bed for about a minute contemplating whether it is truly worth it to go to uni today (the answer is always yes, but there are times when I want to go back to sleep). After that minute of contemplation, I jump into the shower (not literally, I would fall if I did that). I wash my face with The Body Shop’s Aloe Calming Foaming Wash and wash my body with Soap and Glory Sugar Crush body wash. I then get out of the shower, tone and moisturise my face with Clinique Clarifying Lotion and Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish moisturiser.


Once I’m out of the shower, I go straight to my room to get dressed. As it is autumn, but still pretty much summer, I put on light, breathable outfits and comfortable shoes. My outfit of the day (which was Thursday, the last time I went to uni), is a white playsuit with a black pattern and my denim jacket. I got the playsuit for Christmas last year and the jacket is from JayJays. I also wore my Converses, but you can’t see them in the picture (I need a full-length mirror!).


Next, I go to the kitchen, take my puffer (since I have asthma), and have breakfast. I normally have cornflakes (with milk, obviously) and a juice or a Milo. Then I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth so they are nice and clean for the day ahead (I often get cornflakes caught in my braces, but they’re coming off soon so I won’t have to deal with that much longer!). Then I go to my room to do my makeup. I don’t do a full face as I would sweat it off anyway, but I do put Maybelline Fit Me concealer beneath my eyes, Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara on my eyelashes, and Maybelline Brow Drama on my eyebrows. I then go in with some Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in translucent over my concealer to keep it in place. Then my makeup is done!


I then pack my bag, if I hadn’t done it the night before, with my laptop, diary, a pen, books, my keys, phone and Go Card. Then I go to the kitchen and make the food I need to take for the day (sometimes I’m only there in the mornings or the afternoons so I only need to take some snacks and water). After putting them in my bag, I put on some deodorant and perfume. Recently I’ve been using YSL Paris or Katy Perry’s Killer Queen, spraying on my wrists and décolletage (isn’t that a great word?!).


Then I walk, or run (depending on how late I am), out the door to the bus stop at the end of the street.


Did you like my routine? What is your morning routine?
Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment