Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Just Uni Things


Hey peeps,

I haven't had time to come up with a post idea this week, so we'll see where this takes us! I have so many things due in the next few weeks and I've been focussing on them more than I have focussed on you guys (sorry!). To be honest, that's what I should be doing right now. I have a character sketch due by Sunday at midnight and I have no ideas for what to write about. I have a general idea of what I have to do, but I just don't have a character in mind to sketch.

What I need is a spark, a burst of inspiration to pop into my head so I can start writing (and finish it as well). I guess I'm just overthinking it. I usually do. I think over it too much that it acts as a kind of shield to block the spark. I've spent so much time thinking about it that I can't relax and let the ideas flow out of my fingertips and into the Word document.

I guess the same thing happened here. I spent so much time thinking about what I should write that I gave up and do something unproductive like watching a YouTube video or something. Not that that is always unproductive, but I’ve been watching a lot of Markiplier and iiSuperwomanii recently, which definitely aren’t fountains of education (I do enjoy them, so it’s not a complete waste of time, but there are better things to do with my time). On a separate note, I do also watch beauty YouTubers, but there are more frequent videos from Mark and Lilly that I can watch every day and they’ll all be new.

I wrote a list of blog post ideas for March and when I would do them. This week, I had put ‘uni update’, which is hard to do when there’s not much to update on. I have made some friends, which is great. I feel a lot more settled in now. I also have had more practice catching the bus, which was initially quite nerve racking (what if I miss it and then miss my class then don’t get the notes and then fail, meaning I have more debt than before?), but now I am an experienced ‘bus person’ and have had seen a bunch of weird things happen.

One time there was a lady arguing with her window in another language. She was sitting there, next to the window and talking to it like it was talking back. She didn’t stop until she got off the bus (no more windows, I guess). It seemed that other people on the bus also thought it was weird as everyone who got on the bus after gave her a weird look then kind of accepted it (maybe they’d seen weirder).

There were other weird things that happened, but none that topped that. Well, there was that one time that I almost forgot to get off the bus on the way home, but that’s nothing. I got off the bus and walked home, quite annoyed with myself, but whatever. I’ve also learned that I get a bit motion sick if I use my phone on the bus while it’s moving, so if I need to send a word to someone on Words with Friends, or send a text to my Mum that I’m on the way home.

I think that is all that I had on my mind that I wanted to talk about, so I hope you enjoyed all this rambling about not much in particular.

How do you procrastinate? What is your writing process? Also, what would you like to see on this blog in the next few weeks?

Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment