Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Why Hello There, 2016!

Disclaimer: Do not use fireworks under trees. I didn't, this picture is edited.


Happy New Year!

As you know, it is the new year, and that means that I have resolutions to share with you. But first I want to share with you my 2015.

There were highs and lows. I started off the year with the same new year optimism that I have every January, which lasted until I got my results back for *most* of my subjects. I got C's. I was horrified. Being my penultimate year in school and having these marks going towards university, I didn't know what to do. Okay, so I might be over-exaggerating it a tad, but I was worried. It wasn't all bad, I got B's and an A, which I was very proud of, even if the A was for religion (which I will never use later in life, might I add!). 

In the second term, the marks weren't much better, but my teachers instilled me with a false confidence at parent-teacher interview night. I thought my marks would improve from C's to B's, B's to A's. But they didn't and I was so scared of my future. What if I fail? What if I don't get into uni? were just a couple of the questions doing laps around my brain, which doesn't help considering my teenage hormones are still in full swing.

In the third term, I didn't get chosen to do my dance exam which made me really sad as it was the first year I didn't do any. My mum still thinks I am a great dancer though, but I do think that I can improve. School was still the same, but it was in term 3 that I went shopping with Mum for a semi formal dress for term 4.

In the final term of the year, we had the semi formal (you saw what I wore to it in a blog post) and year 11 leadership camp all in the space of 5 days. Those, and the dance concert at the end of the year, were my highlights of the year. Of course, there were birthday parties and school drama that took up a lot of my time, but the semi formal, camp and dance concert were my favourite parts of the year. You could say that I had a bad year, considering my marks and lack of dance exam, but I see it as a year of making mistakes. I will learn from these mistakes in 2016  and make it my best year ever (there's my new year optimism again)!

With that same optimism, I give you my New Year's  Resolutions!

1. Do the splits. I will do this by stretching every day and drinking lots of water to keep my muscles flexible. It is every dancer's dream to do the splits and all of my dancing friends can already do them (I have been jealous for YEARS), so now I want to do them.

2. Get better marks in school (I think I made this pretty clear above). I will do this by revising each subject every Saturday, read more books to make my vocabulary better and get tutoring if I need it. I went to some of the free tutoring that school provides last year, but I need to do more this year (probably).

3. Get a job. I will do this by actually applying. I applied to a lot of jobs last year, but no emails saying "Hey, you sound good, want an interview?". My goal is to at *least* get an interview so I know what its like. 

How was your 2015? What are your resolutions for 2016?

2 comments:

  1. I think there is so much pressure as a teenage to do well and get into uni. Which can be good ass it can motivate us, or it can have the opposite effect and make us feel overwhelmed. I want to learn to do the splits too! I spoke about my 2016 goals here if you'd like to check them out (feel free to delete comment if link is not allowed). Wishing you all the best for the year ahead. I hope you succeed in your goals.

    Sarah's Abode -xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I won't delete it, links are fine! I am kinda motivated to do well, but I'm also kinda overwhelmed. Thankyou and good luck with your goals, I'll go read them now! x

      Delete