Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Winter Essentials

Hi everyone,

As winter is finally (read: unfortunately) upon us (if you live in Australia, or any country not currently in summer, that is), I thought I would tell you my Winter Essentials.



To kick it off, I will need a good moisturiser to help me skin through the colder months. I choose to enlist the help of my Clinique Moisture Surge moisturiser. I have mentioned this in a couple of monthly favourites posts previously and I definitely recommend it if you have dry skin and enough funds to cover the cost of it (I think it's about $60 here in Australia).

As for the rest of my body, I will need a moisturiser for that too. I am going to go for the Sugar Baby Drive Me Balmy Body Butter that I have spoken about in previous posts.


Without my Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm, my lips would be dryer than the Sahara in winter time. I use it every day and I love it.

By the way, this is the original lip balm; the one I lost then found again.
I will also need a good shampoo and conditioner in the cold, wintry weather of Queensland (sense the sarcastic tone of my words). I use the shampoo from Aldi as my Dad does the shopping and only cares if it says shampoo, and not what it does. I plan to use the Herbal Essences shampoo in Hello Hydration. I have used it before and it worked wonders for my hair and also smells really nice (think coconuts and island flowers).

The shampoo and conditioner I use


The shampoo and conditioner I want to use
As for makeup, it doesn't really change throughout the year as I generally just stick with neutrals and basics. I don't have many eye shadows and the ones I do have are for my dance concert at the end of the year. I do occasionally use a pale purple on my eyes though.
The only eye shadows I own. I use the gold (second from the left) and the palest purple (far right) and sometimes the middle purple as well (second from the right).

In winter, my wardrobe obviously has to change* (I can't wear short shorts in winter; I'll freeze!). I opt for this super comfy ensemble. The trousers are from KMart and are super comfy. I have had that jumper for ages, I think it is from Target or Big W and I love it soooo much. I do not know where the shirt is from as it is a hand-me-down but I have loads just like this and I am sure you can get shirts just like this in most clothing shops. If I wear a jumper, I generally just wear a short sleeved shirt, unless it's REALLY cold. If it's an inside day, I'll stick to slippers (I need new ones) but if I'm going out where people can see me, I'll go for trainers or boots like these.
Going Out In Public Shoes

Inside Day "shoes"

See above for where I bought these clothes
I don't get much of a chance to go shopping, but when I go next time I am definitely buying one of those super fluffy, super soft jumpers. My cousin bought one from Myer a little while ago and I want one soooo badly!

Anyway, that's enough from me for today. What do you use in winter, is it the same as mine or completely different? If it is summer where you are, what do you recommend?

Bye!

*If you want me to do a winter look book, tell me in the comments!


To find out when I post something new, click the "Join This Site" button under the +1 button.

To follow me on other websites, click on the Contact Me button in the bar up the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment