Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

My Day - Reflection Day

Hello everyone,

Now I am going to tell you what happened today. 

At my school every year, each grade has a thing called Reflection Day. As the name suggests, it is a day of reflecting. For the year 10's (that's me), this means getting on a bus and going to a church (it was a Catholic church) to learn to respect and help each other as a year group. I won't go into it any further because the man teaching us said we can't talk about it outside of school, especially on the internet.

I won't go into detail, but here is a chronological list of the things we did:

1. Said hi to the teacher.
2. Got into partners and introduced ourselves to each other.
3. Had to talk about topics that were hard for me to talk about (favourite movie, favourite food, first crush on someone, what we think of God, etc.).
4. Get into a different partnership and introduce ourselves to each other.
5. Talk about other hard topics like what we thought of our year group
6. Morning tea
7. Things I can't talk about but it involved singing, dancing and a quiz 
8. Lunch
9. Did a ritual to show respect for each other
10. Got on the bus and went back to school
11. Went home

I hope this was interesting to read and I hope that one thing you take out of this is that you should always respect everyone you meet and tell at least one person per week what you admire about them - whether it's their sporting ability or that you think they are a good friend, there is always something you can like or admire about someone.

(Blogger has stopped me from using the "centre" thing, stupid Blogger) :(

Bye!

To find out when I post something new, click the "Join This Site" button under the +1 button.

 To follow me on other websites, click on the Contact Me button in the bar up the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment