Pages

Saturday, November 25, 2017

November Favourites


Hey everyone!

I can’t believe we’re already at the end of November. It just flew by! As did the whole year, really. I’m so excited that its almost time for Christmas as well. I am very much looking forward to it. There haven’t been many new things that I have used and liked this month, but I’ve managed to compile a couple of things that I have loved throughout the month of November, so here we go!


First off, not having to go to university has been absolutely wonderful. I had no exams at the end of this semester, so I finished up as soon as my last assignment was submitted (which I did a day early so I could have an even earlier start to my holidays). I’ve had so much time this month – I mostly devoted it to doing nothing much at all – and it has been fantastic. I have had more time to devote to my blog, which I have done as best I can – the laziness just takes over sometimes. I have had to be patient with my friends as they still had exams up until this week, so we couldn’t always hang out when I wanted to, but now I’m housesitting with a bunch of them for two weeks! The lack of university has also meant that I have slept in nearly every day this month since I switched my alarm off almost four weeks ago. It has been absolute bliss not having to wake up early to catch the bus. The other week, I didn’t wake up until midday. Mum was really mad at me for wasting half the day, but I thought it was great. I did feel a little bit guilty, but honestly, I think it was my body saying, ‘hey, you missed out on some sleep back there, here you go,’ and I couldn’t be more thankful.


Another thing that I have been loving over this past month is that channel 9 have been doing a Harry Potter movie marathon over the past four weeks, one movie every Friday and Saturday night. I am extremely annoying to watch Harry Potter with – it’s not my fault I know the entire script – and my family are sending me death glares every couple of minutes when I recite each line word perfect. I really love Harry Potter, okay? My friends understand me, but it doesn’t seem that my family does, which is a bit of a shame, but oh well. The final one is airing tonight and I’m very excited. I can already hear you saying, ‘but you’ve seen it already a million times!’ but I don’t care. I love love love them all so much and I don’t care who knows it.


I haven’t really read any books or tried any new products this month, but I did get some new clothes recently, and my favourite is this red and white stripy top from Glassons. It feels really nice to wear, first of all, and it looks really nice with high waisted jeans (unfortunately on picture day my jeans were in the wash). The top is a little bit cropped, but not a lot of my tummy shows, which is fine by me. It sits really nicely on me and is very comfortable. I also got it in plain black, but I don’t wear that one as much. I like wearing light colours, not fading into the background with dark ones. It’s a really good quality top and I really like wearing it.


This month, quite spur of the moment, I decided to try my hand at learning French. So, I downloaded Duolingo on my phone and have been taking the lessons daily. So far I can say lots of basic phrases like ‘The apple is red’ and ‘The child is a girl’. I have learned that objects have genders – for example, a table is always female – and that singular and plural words often sound quite similar, which can be a bit annoying for someone trying to learn it. I have really enjoyed learning French so far and will continue my learning into the future. I would definitely recommend learning a language as well. It broadens your mind and allows you to understand people you wouldn’t have been able to before.

What have your favourite things this month? Did you like mine?


Love, Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. Aww, you make me want to download Duolingo again! <3

    ReplyDelete