Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2017

October Favourites


Hey lovelies!

I can’t believe it’s already November. This year has just flown by; how is there only two months left in 2017?! I submitted my last university assignment two days ago, so I am officially a free agent (yay!). I haven’t got all my marks back yet, but I’m sure I’ve done alright (at least enough to pass). Also, I had a job interview last Friday so I might be getting a job soon (squee!). I haven’t had many new favourites this month as I simply haven’t had time to go shopping, but I still found some new things that I already own to love.


I recently ran out of my face cleanser, so I dug through the bathroom cupboard to find another. I found the Garnier PureActive 3-in-1 and it works really well for me. It can be used in three separate ways: as a cleanser, as a scrub, and as a mask. In the mornings, I smear it all over my face and leave it there while I wash my body to give the mask time to work its magic. In the evenings, I use it as a normal cleanser since I don’t think you should really do more than one face mask a day. my skin has really thanked me for this. I have only gotten very few pimples since I’ve been using it and my skin feels smoother than it used to. It does promise to get rid of blackheads, and I still have quite a few of them on my nose, but I can use some pore strips for that. Overall, great cleanser!


Nintendo has very recently released a new mobile app called Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, where you go around catching fish and bugs, crafting furniture and setting up a campground for the animals that live there. I have been absolutely addicted to this game since I downloaded it two days ago. My phone says I have played it for a total of 5 hours and 6 minutes in the past 2 days. When I was little, I used to play Animal Crossing on my DS for hours and hours every day, so getting the app just seemed like a logical next step. I really enjoy playing it, even if there is no museum and very limited shops. Everything works seamlessly and has the same adorable art-style that made me fall in love with it in the first place.


Another one of my favourite things that has been happening this month is that my cat, Stanley, has been sleeping on my bed. I love watching him curl up at the end of my bed. He stays there for hours. When I’m sitting on my bed not paying attention to the rest of the room (probably on my phone) and I feel a little dip in the bed, I look around and he’s walking around finding a good spot to settle down. Right now, as I’m writing this, he’s laying down on my pillow, looking as relaxed as can be. He woke me up this morning and as soon as I lifted my head off the pillow, he began making himself comfortable on it. Today is sheets changing day, but I can’t move him; he looks so happy, but also he’ll hiss at me if I try to move him. I love him so much. He’s so cute.

My final favourite this month is finishing my first year of university. In my final week, I had five things due, three on one day, two on another. I managed to survive that week, getting everything in on time, so now I think I can do pretty much anything. I have enjoyed this year at uni, even with all the assessment struggles and speech nerves. I’ve made new friends and learnt new things about writing and about myself as a person. I’m really looking forward to my second year, but I’m very happy to have a four-month break in between. I’ll have a lot of time to read and write and relax and hang out with my friends (unless I get that job!) and not to mention Christmas!

That’s all my favourites for this month. I do hope you enjoyed this post.

What have you been loving this October? Do you like my favourites?


Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment