Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Uncontrollable Laughter and Everything After


Hey everyone!

It has been a little while since I updated you on the goings-on in my life, so I thought that there was no better time to do so than now. The past couple of months have been full of ups and downs, twists and turns, and I’ve managed to make it out the other side (relatively) unscathed.

I just spent five minutes straight laughing at a cat video, so much so that tears were falling down my face. It was the funniest thing I’ve seen all day, all week actually. I really wish I could show you the video, but I don’t know how to save them from Instagram to my phone. Basically, there was a cat getting annoyed at their owner’s feet moving under a blanket. The cat was hissing at them, then leaned his head back and shook it like he was powering up and then went for the kill and bit down right on the owner’s foot. I showed all my family members and we were all pretty much in hysterics. I don’t think I’ve laughed like that in a very long time, so it was nice, especially that I could share it with my family.

In other news, I still haven’t got my final marks back from uni yet, which I really want because then I will know my current GPA. Last semester it was pretty bad, but I think I did better this time around so maybe it’s improved, even only slightly. There is a story I’ve written for one of my assessments at uni that I really wanna share with you all, but I want to edit it with the feedback from the markers, so there’s nothing I can do about that yet. Final marks and feedback aren’t due to come out until the first of December, so there’s a little bit more waiting to do on that front.

Speaking of coming out, the results of the same-sex marriage survey came out the other day and it was a resounding yes! I’m so happy that the majority Australia is so supportive of same-sex couples getting married and that we aren’t as bigoted and “ist” as people think we are. I voted yes, obviously, and I’m so happy that loads of other people did, too. Now, I know this doesn’t mean same-sex marriage is legal yet, but soon. It will happen soon. Frankly, it’s been embarrassing not having same-sex marriage legal when there are so many other places that it is legal, but now we’re on our way and I’m so excited.

Another thing to be excited about what's coming ever closer is Christmas! I am sooo pumped for Christmas. I still need to sort out an outfit for Christmas Day and a Christmas list itself, but Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year and I just can’t wait. I can’t wait for all the Christmas movies to come on the telly, singing Christmas songs and not being stared at as harshly as I would in, say, April, and for the house to be decorated in all things red, green and sparkly. Also, I’m going with my friends to a Dean Lewis concert in a little under three weeks’ time, and I’m mighty excited about that. One more thing, one of my friends’ parents are going on holiday for two weeks for their wedding anniversary and my friend has invited us to live at her house during that time. I haven’t asked Mum if I can go yet, but I’m sure she’ll say yes so shhhh it doesn’t matter.

Aaand that's all that's been happening in my life recently. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it (and experiencing the things I wrote about).

What’s been happening in your life lately? Are you as excited for Christmas as I am?


Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment