Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2017

September Favourites


Hey everyone!

Again, we have made it to the end of the month. Only three more to go this year. There are less than 100 days until Christmas and I’m already ready for it to hit me like a one-horse open sleigh. September gave me a lot of stress. There were three assignments all due in one week, and none of them were easy. I finished them all, thank goodness, and am currently on my uni break. Its only one week, but at least it’s something. I have spent the majority of this week watching movies and spending time with my friends, but Mum keeps hounding me to get a head start on the assignments due in the coming weeks. As of yet, I have done exactly zero work on any assignments, but I am reading a book for one of them so that counts, right? Anyway, on with the favourites for this month.


I started rereading the Harry Potter books right at the end of last year (Goodreads says I started Philosopher’s Stone on the 16 of December and finished it on the 18th). Overall, I finished the first three books before the end of 2016 but didn’t finish the Goblet of Fire until late July because of uni. The final three took me until mid-September to finish and I loved every moment of them. I cried a lot more than I thought I would. Considering I usually never cry over books, crying over Sirius, James and Lily was a lot for me. I can’t explain how much these books have changed my life. I grew up trying to be like Hermione and learned the power of love and friendship. I love the world of Harry Potter – so much, in fact, that I dreamt I was a witch the other night – and get pulled right into the world whenever I open the books.


Since I had a week off uni, I decided I would marathon the Harry Potter movies (as if I couldn’t get enough from the books). I have not yet finished the marathon as Mum wants me to do work. I have one more left to watch, but having seen them all a billion times, I think I can speak with authority on this subject. I love the movies just as much as I love the books. Admittedly, there are a lot of inconsistencies between the books and the movies, but for the most part, everything is perfect. The movies are a lot easier (and faster) to get pulled into as they go for around 2 hours each, whereas a book can take up to (in my case) six or seven months to read. I think the total run time of the movies is 19 hours and a bit, but I consider marathoning the movies to be at least 2 movies per day. Once, Mum and I watched them back to back to back and managed to finish the series in two days (and I cried at every death, even Voldy’s – I may have already been crying from Harry’s death though). I can’t put into words how much I love the world of Harry Potter, but I do love it very much.

It makes sense that this month’s favourites are very Harry Potter-centric, seeing as September 1st this year was ‘19 years later’, the day Albus Severus (still not okay with that name) Potter got on the train to his first year at Hogwarts. I don’t really have any other favourites from this month, as I’ve been so busy with uni and Harry Potter that I haven’t had time to try new and different beauty bits.

Do you love Harry Potter as much as I do? What things did you like in September?


Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment