Pages

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Spring Morning Routine


Hey everyone!

Seeing as it is now spring, I thought I would share with you how my morning routine has changed from winter to spring. Where I live, spring is pretty much skipped over straight into summer. Last week we literally had three days in a row with maximums over 30 degrees Celsius and we’ve already started having summer storms. Because of this hot, summery weather, my skin has been breaking out a bit more than it did in winter. Anyway, here’s my new morning routine!


The first thing I do when I wake up is scroll through social media apps on my phone for about fifteen minutes, depending on how much time I have before I leave for university. Then I get up and have a shower. Once I’m in the shower, I wash my face with Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash or the Garnier Pure Active 3 in 1 face wash if I have a breakout of pimples. Then I get my Lush Snow Fairy body wash on a loofah and wash my body. 


Once I’m out of the shower, I get dressed (obviously) into a light dress or crop top and skirt, since spring and summer are synonymous where I come from. I probably should moisturise my body, but the truth is I forget to. I have so many barely used body moisturisers sitting on shelves and in drawers all around my room. I don’t even really moisturise my face, but I’m more likely to moisturise my face than my body. I only do it if I notice that my face is dry. If I do notice this, I use the Formula 10.0.6 Picture Perfect Day Gel Moisturiser which also has SPF in it, which is great especially for the summer time.


After maybe moisturising my face, I go to the kitchen and make some cornflakes for breakfast and take my puffer (since I have asthma). I watch some YouTube videos on my phone while I eat. I only get time to watch one or two videos, but it’s something at least. After breakfast, I brush my teeth. Ever since I got my braces off, I have been doing my best to keep my teeth as clean as possible; I don’t want to ruin what I’ve waited so long for, after all.


Next, I brush through my hair with my Tangle Teezer and put my hair up into a ponytail. The height of the ponytail depends on two things: (1) how hot it’s going to get in the day and (2) how cooperative my hair is. If it does not cooperate, I end up going with a low pony. I don’t bother with makeup much at all unless I’m doing something important that day. I don’t deem university as important as I kind of just get in there, take notes, then go home. I like to think that it’s because I’m so confident in my own skin but mostly it’s that I can’t be bothered.

After doing my hair and not doing my makeup, I pack my bag (unless I did it the night before) with whatever I need that day like notebooks, pens, my laptop and things like that. I then go to the kitchen to fill up my water bottle and cut up an apple, since I’m always home by lunchtime so I can just take a snack and be okay. I then go back to my room and put on some deodorant so I don’t stink up the place, and if I remember, I’ll put on some perfume.

Then I pick up my bag and heave it onto my shoulder, bid goodbye to anyone still in the house and hightail it up the street to the bus stop.


Do you like my morning routine? What’s yours?
 Love, Nicky x

4 comments:

  1. You’re so lucky to be home by lunch! I almost never get home before 5 p.m.!

    I love how real you are in this post too! I don’t moisturize my body as often as I should...��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sure this time with my classes that I'd have time for food. I'm not much a fan of those ones that are obviously fake so I thought I'd add some honesty to it, you know?
      Thanks for reading!

      Love, Nicky x

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely and simple routine, I enjoyed reading this lovely post. Thank you for sharing! <3

    https://octoberslallu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and enjoying it!

      Love, Nicky x

      Delete