Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Uni Troubles and Running Struggles



Hey everyone!

I’m sorry that this post is a day later than its supposed to be, but I’ve just had no time to write anything this week. I feel like this is one of those assignments where you know you have to do it, but nothing is coming to mind. I don’t want to let all of you down, and I promised at the start of the year that I would post once a week (I did say Saturdays, but Sunday will do I guess). Anyway, I thought I would update you a bit on my life.

I have been going to uni every time there has been a lecture or a tutorial, which would be fine if two of my lectures didn’t require me to basically climb Mt Everest to get there. I haven’t met a single person at uni who doesn’t have a name for it. I call it the Hill of Death, but I have also heard it call Heart Attack Hill and Mt Crucible. My legs feel like they’re on fire every time I climb it. It’s even worse when I’m running late for the lecture. Normally, I just walk up it at an even pace. On days when I’m late, I pick up the pace a bit (not running, since my bag is too heavy) and power up the hill, legs blazing by the time I sit down in the lecture hall.

I have so many assignments due in the next two weeks, its actually ridiculous. I have a short story due next Friday (the 15th), a take home exam released on the 13th and due back by the 19th, and another story and a synopsis due both on the next Friday (the 22nd). I think, if I haven’t come up with any other ideas for blog posts in the next two weeks, I’ll probably post a short story or two. There’s a tad less death in these ones as there was in my last one (which I am exceedingly proud of, by the way).

Recently, I have gotten back into running. I’m not running that far, or that fast, but it still counts. Mum has an app called C25k (Couch to 5k), which trains you up over eight weeks to be able to run five kilometres without stopping. So far, we’re up to week two, and my breathing is a big issue. I figured out that I have to take my puffer before I go out on a run otherwise my breathing gets really rapid and short and I feel like I’m gonna die. I’ve survived so far, but the amount of time running picks up in week three, so we’ll see how it goes.

I had a running disaster the other week. Mum and Dad do Parkrun, and have been begging me for the longest time to run with them again. The other week, I decided I would oblige (worst decision of my life). Basically, one kilometre into the run, my old orthotics that were still in my shoes began to rub at the sides of my feet. I had matching blisters on my feet for about a week, and haven’t done parkrun since. We did get me new running shoes the next day, but getting up at 6am to run is not my idea of a good time.

Other than that, there isn’t really much else to catch you up on. I did have a meltdown over an assignment I left too late a couple of weeks ago, but it’s all fine, I don’t have to present it until late October.

Do you have any running or organisation tips I could use? What about some blog post ideas?

Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment