Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2017

May Favourites


Hey everyone!

As it is now the end of May (holy moly this year’s going fast!), I thought I would write another monthly favourites for you! This month brought be to the end of my first semester of uni (yay!), but now I have five assignments due next Friday (which I am kind of putting off, but shh!). This also means that I might not have a post up next Saturday due to the vast amount of words I will have to write by Friday. If I am up to it, I will post on Sunday instead. If I don’t, then I’m sorry, but I will have to break my great post streak I have going. Anyway, on with the favourites!


My first favourite is a facial cleanser. It is one I have had before, but I haven’t had it in a while. I recently ran out of my The Body Shop foaming cleanser, so Mum bought the Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash. It does not foam up as The Body Shop’s one does, but it does have little bits in it that give my face a bit of a scrub, which is always nice! My skin took a little while to get used to a new cleanser, but those initial spots are clearing up. I also like that it feels like it is doing something. Despite the fact that my Body Shop cleanser did something, it didn’t feel like it did anything since it was only a foam. I know that that logic is kind of faulty, but anything that feels like it’s working is definitely on the right track to being on my favourites list!


Another thing that ran out recently was my Clinique toner, to which I was quite sad. I really loved it and wanted to buy a new one, but the place where I (read: Mum) buy them has closed down so we marched up to Big W and picked up one of the Simple ones, seeing as their cleansers are so good. We picked up the one called Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner and I must admit that I haven’t used it that much, but that isn’t its fault. The cotton pads we bought are absolute rubbish. They fall apart when you take them out of the package they’re in, and if not, then in your hand soon after. When I have used the toner, it has been fantastic. It has made my skin more toned and the like. The only negative thing I can say about it is that I didn’t have to pour the Clinique toner onto a cotton pad, but the Simple one requires pouring. Other than that, I love it!


I have been doing a lot more writing recently (obviously), and have really enjoyed all of it. I am currently writing a story on Wattpad called Harrison Is Missing, which now has a cover (that I made quickly with an app), and is up to Chapter 3. I reckon I won’t post any updates for that over the next couple of weeks due to my copious amounts of assignments, but I do have plenty of ideas for it! As well as that, I have also written a blog post every week since the start of the year (go me!), and have (mostly) enjoyed writing them. The mostly is only in there because sometimes I have a hard time thinking of ideas of what to write about, but I always get it done on time, right?

What things did you like this month? Do you like my favourites?


Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment