Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Little Life Update


Hey, everyone!

I have been super busy this week. I was so busy, in fact, that I didn’t think I would get enough time to write a blog post. I had an assignment due at midnight on Friday (which I finished the day it was due), two 2,000 word drafts due by the end of next week, and three 200 word folio pieces to finish by the start of June. Oh, and the finals of those drafts are due then as well. Not to mention that I have an exam coming up in the middle of June, let's just say I’m fully booked, but more literally this time!

My brother went off to grade 10 camp this week, leaving me, Mum and Dad at home. Honestly, it was the best week ever. It was so quiet, peaceful, and I got so much work done. There was no shouting all week, a pleasant change from the norm in my household. I didn’t have to worry about getting in his way and there was no annoying coming into my room when I’m trying to do work. He’s back home from camp now, and absolutely overflowing with stories from it, which is understandable and sounds like he had a fantastic time. Yet, I can’t quite get over the fact that I feel a little envious of him. I think it’s because I’m a Leo, so I like attention, and when someone else has the attention, I get envious. I’ll try my best to keep it at bay, but no promises.

Another thing that happened this week was that I finally published my story to Wattpad! I’m really excited about it and I can’t wait for you to read it! I have titled it ‘Harrison Is Missing’ and as of yet I only have the first chapter up, but I am working on the next chapter (which should go up soon). I would really like your feedback if you read it. I’m open to positive and negative feedback, as long as it is constructive! We had a lecture this week about alternative publishing options in the evolving world of writing, and Wattpad was mentioned, so I thought it was a good a time as any to publish my little chapter. I added a bit more story to the end, so it isn’t the same as what I posted on here.

Sidenote: if any of you is good at PhotoShop and would like to make a cover for my story, please contact me (email is best). I would like to give my story a cover. It makes it a bit more official, you know?

Also, as I mentioned before, I have a lot on my plate over the coming weeks, meaning that I may not get around to writing blog posts. This post may be the last one for a while, but we’ll see how it goes. I may be a lot more organised and productive than I thought! I have recently acquired a calendar to map out my deadlines and commitments so I don’t forget about anything. It has a to do list section on the side so I know what I still have to complete. So far I have filled in all of my deadlines and written in some to-dos. I don’t have any commitments (other than this blog, and my story), but I don’t feel like I need to put that on my calendar. I probably should, anyway, though…

Do you have any organisation tips? Can you make me a cover for my book? Do you have any blog post ideas you’d like to see me do?


Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment