Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Current Evening Routine


Hey peeps!

I’m sorry this is a day late. I had a draft due this week and had no idea how to do it, so it took a bit longer than I planned. Anyway, we’re here now and that’s the main thing. Next week’s post might also be late as I have four things due in the space of one week (eek!). If I’m proactive and conscientious, everything should be as normal, but don’t count on it; I am a chronic procrastinator, after all.

When I come home after a long day at uni, there is nothing I love more than relaxing with a good evening routine. It really helps me to destress and unwind before bed time. Of course, there is work I have to do between getting home and going to bed, but this comes after that.


First, it is shower time! I’m currently using the Sugar Crush body wash from Soap and Glory, but once I finish that I have a few other body washes to get through (including the Snow Fairy one from Lush). When I wash my hair (which happens every couple of nights), I use Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine shampoo and conditioner (there only travel size), which makes my hair nice and soft.


After washing my body and hair, I then wash my face. At the moment, I am using The Body Shop’s Aloe Calming Foaming Wash, which goes onto my hand already foamed up, then I rub it all over my face and rinse under the shower water. I use The Body Shop’s face buffer thing about once a week (with the facewash, of course) as my skin isn’t too bad (touch wood) and doesn’t require as much exfoliation. Then I get out of the shower and put my pyjamas on.


Going back to exfoliation, the next step in my routine is to tone my face with some Clinique Clarifying Lotion. I put a little bit on a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face. After doing this, I always check the cotton pad to see how much dead skin and dirt it took off my face. If it’s a particularly sweaty day, there is a lot more than on a relatively normal day.


About once a week, I like to use a face mask. I decide on which face mask to use based on how my skin feels and looks on the day. The three masks I do have are Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask, Lush’s Oatifix Fresh Face Mask, and Lush’s Cupcake Fresh Face Mask. This time, I decided on the Formula 10.0.6 one, as my skin wasn’t too bad. I tend to save the Lush ones for when my skin is really bad. I smear the mask all over my face (only a thin layer) and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. This mask, in particular, has a tingly, kind of burning sensation for a little bit at the beginning. Don’t worry, this is supposed to happen! Then I wash it off under warm water and use a damp face cloth to get rid of any bits the water missed.


Then I go in with some Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish moisturiser – which I have raved about many times before – all over my face, then rub it in to make sure it’s being used to its full potential.  I then lightly pat my face to feel how smooth it is. There is no skincare purpose to this, I just like feeling how smooth and soft my face is.

After moisturising, my routine is pretty much over. I then do all the necessary things before going to bed: brush my teeth, take my puffer, put my laptop on the charge, maybe read a book if I feel like it, watch a couple of YouTube videos, and schedule tweets for the next day. Then I go to sleep. I generally fall asleep at around 11 pm, which isn’t great, but I’m trying to get better.

So that’s my current evening routine, I do hope you enjoyed it!

What’s your evening routine? Do you like mine? 

Love, Nicky x

5 comments:

  1. I'm interested to try out the simple moisturiser. I have so many already though! My evening routine usually depends on how exhausted I am haha. Sometimes I do a quick cleanse and moisturize, or if I have more time and energy and want to relax, I do a full on multi step routine with a sheetmask too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I don't always do a mask (and to be honest sometimes I can't be bothered toning and moisturising), but my skin always thanks me for it when I do!

      Nicky x

      Delete
  2. The moisturizer sounds really interesting!

    Britt | https://alternativelyspeakingonline.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good; you should definitely try it! Unfortunately, mine ran out recently so I have to go get a new one.

      Nicky x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete