Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

My 50th Parkrun

Hey everyone,

This morning I ran my 50th parkrun with my mum. Some of you may not know what parkrun is. Parkrun is a free, timed 5 kilometre run that starts at 7 o’clock in the morning. I have done it almost every single time that my mum has (the only time I didn’t was when I was sick with something).

As I said, parkrun is free, so don’t use that as an excuse not to do it. The only legitimate excuse is that you’re sick or you have to go to work. Trust me, there was a guy last week who did his 50th “run” in his wheelchair (he was pushed and it was his last run as I think he had some form of cancer).

Also, you don’t have to be a good runner to participate in parkrun. I started off running the 5km at around 40 minutes, but some people walk it. I now run it at around 35 minutes. I also see dogs being walked and a lorra lot of prams. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t avid runners involved in parkrun because there definitely are (some people run it in under 20 minutes!).

Most people do running training but you don't have to. My mum used to do it to get fit but now she does it just for fun. She often goes on a run in the middle of the week for just that. I would like to train a bit more. Mum has put me through intensive training with her so that I can keep up with. 

So that is all that I have for you today; I just thought I’d announce to you that I had done 50 runs with parkrun. I hope you have an amazing day.


Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment