Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Harry Potter Tag


Hey everyone!

Today I thought I’d do the Harry Potter Tag. I saw this on a blog a while ago and unfortunately, I don’t remember whose it was! I wasn’t tagged, but I’ve been a HP fan for as long as I can remember so I thought I’d do it anyway. So why not?

   1.   What house are you in?


I have done the Pottermore test a few times and I’ve gotten Hufflepuff most of the time and Gryffindor once. I do consider myself a Hufflepuff at heart (and a proud one at that) since the time I got Gryffindor I did the “Gryffindor” answers. I think Hufflepuff fits me quite well; I am very loyal, a great friend, hard-working (when I get around to it), and do believe in justice for all.

I also have done the Ilvermorny version of the test and got Thunderbird, but I don’t really know what that means. It means less to me than the Hogwarts house; I guess it’s because I’ve grown up with the Hogwarts houses and not Ilvermorny.

   2.   What is your Patronus?


My Patronus is a hedgehog. I don’t really know what this means, but hedgehogs are my favourite animal, so there’s that. Unfortunately, hedgehogs aren’t allowed as pets in Australia (something about spreading diseases) but that won’t stop me from loving them.

   3.   What is your wand?


My wand is 10 inches, elm wood, phoenix feather core, and has a hard flexibility. 

The wood type means that I'm present, have magical dexterity and a certain native dignity. Elmwood wands produce the least amount of accidents and are capable of highly advanced magic in the right hands. 

Phoenix feather cores are capable of the biggest range of magic, and act of their own accord sometimes. They also are the hardest to tame, apparently. I don't know what that says about me, but it's interesting.

The hard flexibility of my wand indicates that I am not very adaptable or willing to change if necessary. That doesn't sound very nice, but maybe it just means that I am stubborn and not willing to budge on the things I really want.

   4.   What would your boggart be?

I reckon my boggart is snakes, spiders, or losing my friends and family. As much as I hate snakes and spiders, I can think of nothing worse than being left without anyone who loves me. I don't know what that boggart would look like, but it would definitely be the worst thing ever.

   5.   What position would you play in Quidditch?

Since I have the hand-eye coordination of something with neither hands nor eyes, I reckon I would be best suited to sitting in the stands supporting my less uncoordinated friends on their brooms.

   6.   Would you be a pure-blood, half-blood or muggle born?

I reckon I’m a half-blood. My mum has read Harry Potter, Dad hasn’t, so I’m a half-blood.

   7.   What job would you want to have after leaving Hogwarts?

I think I’d want to be a writer for the Daily Prophet or The Quibbler. They’re both essentially creative writing if you think about it!

   8.   Which of the Deathly Hallows would you choose?

I would choose the wand. Why would you choose anything else? The cloak? No, use the wand to make yourself invisible. The stone? There are theories that the visions are just death drawing you to him. Wand all the way. I wouldn’t use it, but if I had to have one that’s what I’d choose.

   9.   Favourite book?

My favourite of the books is the Prisoner of Azkaban. I love the storyline the most of all of them.

   10.   Least favourite book?

I reckon my least favourite book is the Deathly Hallows, just because then its over. There's no more. Ever.

   11.   Favourite film?

I think it’s the Philosophers Stone because of all the nostalgia. I also love the Prisoner of Azkaban because of how much I love the book.

   12.   Least favourite film?

Probably the Half-Blood Prince. The book was so great, with all the Voldy backstory and romantic undertones that aren’t the main focus of the story. The movie turned that brilliance into a teen drama with very limited Voldy backstory. And they burned The Burrow down for absolutely no reason. Just why?

   13.   Favourite character?

Sirius Black. Which is another reason the Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite book. He meant so much to Harry and was one of the only connections to his parents. I also love Remus for these reasons, but Sirius is my favourite.

   14.   Least favourite/ most hated character?

Umbridge. ‘Nuff said.

   15.   Favourite teacher at Hogwarts?

Its either McGonagall or Lupin. McGonagall is the strict but loving mother to all of her Gryffindors, and Lupin is the best Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher Harry ever had.

   16.   Least favourite teacher at Hogwarts?

I would say Umbridge again, but she didn’t really teach anything, did she? So by that logic, I’ll say Snape. I also just don’t like him as a person, but that’s a whole other story.

   17.   Do you have any unpopular opinions about the series?

I don’t really have any. A lot of my opinions are widely shared in the Harry Potter community, like not accepting the Cursed Child as canon, not liking (or even hating) Snape, and not hating Malfoy.


And that's the Harry Potter Tag! I encourage you to do it if you haven't already. Please let me know if you end up doing it on your blog, or leave your answers in the comments!

Love, Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment