Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Summer Morning Routine


Hey everyone!

As I am currently sweltering through a hot and humid Queensland day (I’m used to it but still), I thought I would share with you how I get ready in the morning. I haven’t really done anything important with my days for the past few months really, but getting ready for the day is somewhat important to me, so let’s get on with this!


During summer holidays, there are no alarms in sight, so I wake up anywhere from 8am to midday depending on what time I fall asleep. From there, I pick up my phone and scroll through Instagram for around fifteen minutes at the very least, then send my friends a ‘Good Morning’ snapchat no matter how bleary-eyed I am. I then waste time on my phone for at least another fifteen minutes, at most another two or three hours (no joke, this morning I spent about three hours on my phone before even thinking about breakfast – I told you it was bad).

When I eventually do drag myself out of bed (which takes a lot more effort because of the heat), it is time for a breakfast of Coco Pops. There is never a healthy breakfast in the house when we’re on school/uni holiday, so Coco Pops it is. Yes, I know that practically no cereals are truly “healthy”, but shh. I also take my phone to the breakfast table and scroll through Instagram some more, which is also unhealthy, but I just can’t help myself. Once I’ve finished breakfast, I return my phone to the charge since it’s usually down to 50 or 60% by this point, and I have to use my phone later in the day as well.


Then I head off to the bathroom to shower off that sheen of sweat already on my body since it reaches 28 degrees by 9am, 30 degrees by 11am. Once the water has pushed the sweat off my body, I clear out my pores with one of two face washes, depending on how I’m feeling, either Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action face wash or Garnier Pure Active 3-in-1 face wash. Then I make myself smell sweet like lollies with Lush’s Snow Fairy body wash, which is my most favourite scent from Lush. Sometimes I’ll wash my hair with Head and Shoulders Anti Dandruff shampoo and conditioner, but that’s only if my hair is particularly bad. I’ll then take out most of the moisture from my hair and let it air dry (since it’s far too hot to even think about a hairdryer).


Once I’m out of the shower and the layer of sweat has regathered on my skin, I put on the least amount of clothes I possibly can (gotta get that breathability). Then I run a brush through my hair (no matter what state of wet or dryness it is at) and put it up in a ‘do that’s as far away from my neck as possible without looking like a unicorn (not that there’s anything wrong with that). Usually, it’s a messy bun kinda thing right on top of my head since it doesn’t matter what it looks like because it’s purely for its use value.

I then spend the rest of the day trying to find spots with a nice breeze where I can sit and read or scroll through my phone. Sometimes the air conditioner gets put on, but the rest of the days all the windows and doors are opened to allow as much airflow as physically possible.

What’s your current morning routine? Do you like mine?


Love, Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. It's holidays for me too. My holiday routine is fairly similar, although it doesn't get as hot in Auckland as it does in Queensland. I love wasting time on instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My holidays are almost over :( We had a scorcher of a weekend last week. It got up to 38 degrees! As much as I love Instagram, I really should use it less. It's becoming more and more of a problem, kind of an addiction I guess...

      Love, Nicky x

      Delete