Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

June Favourites


Hey lovelies!

It has come to the end of the month again (why does it keep doing that?!), and that means that it is time for a June favourites. I finished uni about halfway through this month, and I don’t have to go back until the end of July (yay!). However, I do have six books to read by that time. They are young adult and children’s books, but six is still a lot. As of right now, I am about sixteen pages into the first book (which is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak), so I have a long way to go. Anyway, on with my favourites!


First of all, on the nineteenth of this month, after five long years, I got my braces off! I got my top braces on when I was 12, in 2012. I was in grade eight, expecting to have them on for about eighteen months to two years. I had them on for so long because my teeth were a lot more stuffed up than they first thought. My teeth had so many issues: my front teeth needed straightening up, my upper canine teeth were fused to the bone (which required surgery), my jaw was completely out of line (which required elastic bands). Once I didn’t need the elastics anymore, then it was a waiting game (if it wasn’t already). Another six months passed and I was on the train to the city, excited to finally be free of my metal-y burden.


My next favourite is of the musical variety. I recently purchased an EP from iTunes called Same Kind of Different, by Dean Lewis. I believe it’s debut EP and I think it’s absolutely brilliant (I’m listening to it now, in fact). I was recommended it by one of my friends, and I was already partial to his single, Waves, so of course, I bought it. I have listened to it through a few times and it is the best bunch of songs I’ve listened to all month (and I’ve listened to some right corkers), so I would 100% suggest you buy this EP; I think it is fantastic. It uses acoustic guitar throughout the six songs, which I love, and gives me a kind of Ed Sheeran type vibe. My favourite songs from it are Waves (obviously), Lose My Mind, and Adore. I do love them all, but they are my absolute favourites.


As it is the uni holidays, I thought it was only right that I have a movie marathon. The longest series of movies I have is the Harry Potter series (which I am also currently reading when I’m not reading for uni), so I let myself get pulled into the magical world of Hogwarts for about a week. I only finished the last one yesterday and I think it’s the first time I haven’t cried over all the deaths. I still cried over some of them, but not to the extent I have in the past. I once even cried over old Voldy, but maybe I was still crying from when Harry “died” (but then I was still crying from Snape, Dobby, Sirius, and Cedric). I just love the Harry Potter movie series. Though I do think the books are better, I also think that that is a given with book adaptations. I have loved Harry Potter since I was little. My Mum read them when she was pregnant with me, back in ’98 and ’99, and we both share a love for all things magic. Me more so than her, I think.

What have you been loving this month? Do you like mine?


Love, Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicky. Lovely post. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan too - and I'm nearly 60!! My favourite characters are Neville Longbottom and Hermione. Good luck at Uni.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My favourite characters are Sirius and Luna.

      Nicky x

      Delete