Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

February Favourites


Hi everyone!

Welcome to my February Favourites! While I have school going on as well, favouriteses will be the only posts going up. Sorry 'bout that. I'm in my senior year and I don't want to fail now, believe me! This month was the month containing Valentine's Day aka "The day when all the single girls eat way too much ice cream", so you can probably guess where I was (well, I certainly wasn't on a date, so there's that). Anyway, enough about my depressing single life and on with the favourites!

My first favourite is my grandma's new pug, Peggy. What more could a lonely single girl want than a cute animal to distract her? Just kidding. But seriously, Peggy is so cute. She already knows how to sit and just sits in front of grandma (or whoever has the treats) and waits to get a treat even if no one told her to sit, she's so cheeky! Even though she's *technically* my aunt, I don't care. I love her anyway! Look! She fell asleep in my lap!


My next favourite is my 3 year journal from Typo that I received for Christmas. It is a great way to write down little bits of your day without having to worry about writing an entire novel every day. Even though it only really asks for one word or one sentence answers, I try to include a little bit more information so that when I look back on it I can remember that day and not just "Oh, ok so I had fish and chips for dinner on the 20th of February 2016 (I actually did by the way)".



I have also been loving a couple of books this month as well. I am the type of person who really likes the lovey-dovey teenage stories, so there's no reason I couldn't love Signs Point to Yes by Sandy Hall. It is a really cute story about how Jane (the main character) has to babysit her crush's three little sisters over the summer holidays. I have to admit that the reason I first picked it up was that it's cover is mint coloured, so sometimes judging a book buy it's cover DOES work! The title is so named because Jane relies on her Magic-8 ball to make some decisions, btw.



I have also been loving Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell this month. I have not finished it yet, so I'll give you an update on that when I do (maybe next month). It is about Cath (the main character) going to college with her twin sister, Wren, and the fanfiction she writes (she gets, like, 35,000 reads per post, so I'm kinda jealous!). It is a substantially bigger book than Signs Point to Yes and the vocabulary is a bit more advanced (I have reached for my phone to Google definitions more than once!), but I love it! Also, the cover is mint! My English teacher is always telling us to read more so that we get better marks, so all these big words are good! However, I must say that I do not recommend this to younger readers as it has some colourful language in it.



And I think that is all my favourites for the month of February. Hope you enjoyed!

What were your February favourites? Have you any book recommendations for me?

2 comments:

  1. That pug is seriously the cutest!!! Ugh now I want to go to a shelter and take one home with me right now!

    http://imperfectlyrachel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her soooo much! She couldn't get cuter! Her mummy and daddy are off on a cruise at the moment so I won't see her in a while :( x

      Delete