Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Mystery Blogger Award



Hey everyone!

I was recently nominated by Will from willandsandrine.com for the Mystery Blogger Award (thanks, Will!). The Mystery Blogger Award was invented by Okoto Enigma to give bloggers recognition in the community and allow their readers to learn a little bit more about the person behind the posts.

Three Things About Me

   ·   A big thing you’ll need to know about me is that when I get obsessed with something, I really get obsessed with that thing. So much so that it is pretty much the only thing I think about for months on end. My current obsession is with Harry Potter, in case you were wondering.

   ·   I have a strange kind of fascination with history. I have always found it interesting, finding out about the lives of those who’ve gone before us, but I would hate to do a course on it because research is not one of my strong suits and neither is remembering specific facts.

   ·   Another thing you should probably know about me is that I am a very disorganised person. Going to uni has sorted me out somewhat; I’ve got all my assignments in on time, but I am really bad at time management. This may or may not have something to do with my Intense Obsession Thing™.

Question Time!

Why did you decide to start a blog, and when did you do it?

I started a blog waaaayy back in 2013 when I was 14, so I’ve been at this for a while. I started a blog because I thought it would be a fun way to spend my time when I wasn’t working on school things. I was inspired by people like Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter to make it focus on beauty, but nowadays I just write about whatever I want and hope you all like it!

What’s your best advice about blogging?

Spend time brainstorming blog post ideas and bulk write your posts if you know you won’t have time to write soon. Perhaps I should follow my own advice…

What do you do in your free time?

I spend a lot of my free time on the internet, scrolling through Instagram and sending my friends Snapchats. I also spend a lot of my non-free time doing this and I definitely need to change that.

What’s the last book you’ve read? What is it about?

The last book I read was The Selection by Kiera Cass. In a nutshell, imagine The Bachelor but the guy is a prince and you live in a dystopian world where you’re born into a class labelled with a number from one to eight. The lower the number, the better off you are. America, the main character, is a five and ends up being ‘selected’ to be one of the women the prince has to choose from.

What’s the weirdest thing about you?

I guess the weirdest thing about me is that I really hate getting things on my hands. Eating donuts is exceedingly difficult. Sure, I love them, but is having cinnamon sugar all over your fingers really worth it? Of course, it is, but I have to be careful to not get any of what is on my hands on anything else. I absolutely must wash my hands after eating donuts and not touch anything else until I do so.

My Best Posts

I have a lot of posts in my archive, which only came from years and years of persistence and determination. I reckon my favourite posts to write are definitely the short stories. Since I have to submit them for assessment, I spend a lot of time perfecting them and by the end, I’m really proud of them. In order of when I posted them, they are Night Terrors, Beginning Again, and Absolutely.

I nominate:

      ·         Megan
      ·         Angel
      ·         Jasmin
      ·         Amy
      ·         Sarah
      ·         Viola
      ·         Ariana
      ·         Becca
      ·         Cheryl
      ·         Victoria

I'd love it so much if you do it, and please let me know if you do! Of course, you don't have to do it, but where's the fun in that?

My Questions

      ·   What is your favourite thing about blogging?
      ·   Where is the place you most often sit to write your blog posts?
      ·   How do you incorporate blogging into your daily life?
      ·   What is one thing you’ve learned about yourself from blogging?
      ·   If you had to choose between having feet for hands or hands for feet, what would you choose and why? (funny)

The Rules

      ·   Add the award logo to your blog
      ·   List the rules
      ·   Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide their blog link
      ·   Mention the award creator and link to their blog as well
      ·   List three things about yourself
      ·   Answer the questions your nominator asked
      ·   Share a link to your best post or posts
      ·   Nominate 10 to 20 people and notify them
      ·   List your 5 questions for them to answer in their posts. Make sure one of them is weird or funny and specify which one that is


And that's it! Thank you so much to Will for nominating me! I had so much fun doing this and highly recommend doing it if I nominated you :)

Love, Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. I love these kinds of posts, it's a great way to learn about the gal behind the blog. 'The Selection' sounds brilliant! I'm going to give it a read for sure. Chloe x

    www.yourschloe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You definitely should read The Selection; I finished it in about 3 days.

      Love, Nicky x

      Delete