Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Christmas Wishes | Books


Hey everyone!

Welcome back to the second instalment in my Christmas Wishes series. This time we talk all things books! I have gotten back into reading in a big way this year and I can’t wait to share with you the books I would like to read next (after I’ve read the current ones on my bookshelf first!) once I receive them for Christmas.


The first book on my list was also on my birthday list and it is The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. First of all, the cover is really pretty; the way the golden feather stands out against the blue background, just yes. This book tells the story of a girl named Ava who is quite normal except for the fact that she has bird wings. To find a place where she fits in and to understand herself better, she goes on a quest. I think the whole idea of the story sounds very interesting (I kinda wish I’d thought of it first!) and I would really like to read it to find out more about Ava.


The next book on my list also has a golden feather on the cover (I guess I have a thing for golden feathers on book covers) and was also on my birthday list. It is Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley. This book tells a story of a girl who has a strange lung condition that makes breathing very difficult. One day, she looked up into the sky and saw a ship and heard someone calling out her name. The world she sees is called Magonia and she finds up there that she can breathe and has some kind of powers as well. She finds out that Magonia and Earth are on the precipice of war and she must decide where her true loyalties lie: Earth, where she grew up, or Magonia, where she belongs.


Another book on my list is Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, which doesn’t have a feather on the cover, but it does feature a butterfly which is just as pretty, I think. This book has been on my list since last Christmas, and also was on this year’s birthday list, so I’ve been wanting this one for a little while now. It is about a girl who is a ‘new soul’. Everyone where she lives reincarnates when they die into a new person, but with the same soul. She is the first to have a completely new soul and she must find out why and whether she’ll be reincarnated once she dies.



The final two books on my list are both Harry Potter related (I told you there was a running theme of Harry Potter, didn’t I?). The first is A Journey Through the History of Magic and the second one is simply A History of Magic. As the massive Potterhead that I am, I would love to have both of these books, so I can know all there is to know about the wizarding world. A Journey Through the History of Magic looks at some of the original manuscripts of the books, the curriculum at Hogwarts, and much more. A History of Magic is the book of the exhibition celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Philosopher’s Stone, and contains artefacts from the British library, sketches and illustrations, as well as essays about the subjects of Hogwarts from experts in those fields.

Those are all the books on my Christmas list and I do hope you enjoyed this post. Next week is the final instalment of this series, so stay tuned!

What books do you want for Christmas? Do you like my list?


Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment