Pages

Saturday, September 2, 2017

August Favourites


Hey everyone!

Yet again, we have come to the end of another month. That can only mean one thing. Its monthly favourites time! This August has been a really big one; I had my 18th birthday, my party, and lots of fun along the way. I didn’t really use many different things to what I was using in July, but there were some things, so let’s get onto that!


My first favourite is Lush Snow Fairy. I bought this last December when it actually was Christmas time, but at that point I still had a body wash on the go. I only finished it a couple of weeks ago, so I haven’t been using Snow Fairy for that long. I absolutely love it. The scent is very very sweet and may be overpowering for some people, but I think it’s just right. It lathers up really well; you only have to use the tiniest bit on the loofah, so it’ll last practically ages. Since it is a Christmas product, it won’t be available until at least November, but it is definitely worth the wait!


My next favourite is the Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is apple scented, and the conditioner says it will make your hair smooth and silky. My hair has some dandruff in it, but this shampoo is really helping I think. I’ve only used it for a couple of weeks, but it has already started working its magic. I do still have dandruff, but it is definitely less than before I started using Head and Shoulders.


For my birthday, Mum and Dad got me some really nice shoes. They are from Forever New, and they are black wedge trainers. I love them a lot since they make me taller than 5 feet (which is what I say I am normally). They are really comfortable and easy to walk in, and they go with every outfit combination I have. Initially, the zips were hard to pull up because they were new and a bit stiff, but now it's fine and I can put them on without any difficulty. Mum also told me that she was lucky to find them. They were the last ones in Queensland since they’re old stock, but there are new designs in store that are equally nice. I am in love with them and wear them whenever I can since they are casual enough to wear with jeans, yet fancy enough to wear to a party.


You may know that I have been rereading the Harry Potter series throughout this year, and I’m currently in the middle of the Half Blood Prince. I really love Harry Potter. Like, a really lot. I have been finding time to read it before bed every night, so I definitely have a reading habit going now. I started reading the Half Blood Prince about a week ago, and I am already about three-quarters of the way through. I don’t think the Half Blood Prince is my favourite of the series (that title will always go to the Prisoner of Azkaban), but I still really enjoy my nightly trips to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I love seeing all the foreshadowing that I didn’t get the first time around, it’s really interesting how Jo’s done it, since I am a writer myself.

My final favourite for this month is my 18th birthday party. It may have been really stressful to organise, but the night itself was fantastic. I had a really good time with my friends and it’s not a night I’m going to forget any time soon. There was music, drinks, presents and a lot of laughs. It was a great night and a great way to celebrate my birthday.

What have been your August favourites? Do you like mine?


Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment