Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

April Favourites + A Little Announcement


Hi everyone!

Another month, another monthly favourites. I think I said this last time, but I can’t believe how fast this year is going! I’ll blink once at it’ll be Christmas time already (not that I want to skip my birthday, but at the rate this year’s going, I just might!). This month gave me three more weeks of university, a week off for Easter, and intense assignment stress (I had something due Friday and the day before the holidays started. Yippee!). I haven’t really worn any new makeup this month (I’m broke as hell), but I have been using things that I haven’t used before, even if I’ve had them for a little while. There has also been new music out this month that I’m exceedingly excited about.


The week off I had after Easter gave me time to hang out with my friends (which we did). We went over to one another’s houses, playing board games, and creating new memories and inside jokes in the process. We went to Mooloolaba, listening and singing along to Ed Sheeran, Mariana’s Trench, Shawn Mendes, and Panic! At the Disco on the way. I think it’s fair to say we have a pretty diverse music taste! We had gelato and chips (separately) by the ocean. Then we went to a maze (Bellingham, I think) and also did mini golf while we were there. Afterward, we went back to one of our houses and played a board game before going home. Overall it was a great day, which was only made better by the fact that (my most favourite musician) Shawn Mendes released a song.


There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back by Shawn Mendes is my absolute favourite song at the moment, and it’s only been out for a week. I know all the words (I learned them the day it came out), no big deal. I’m not very good with music lingo, but I love the chorus, the pre-chorus, and the verses. I also love the guitar that backs up the vocals (that is the extent of my music lingo knowledge). It’s a great song to dance to (or walk to the bus stop to) and I thoroughly enjoy listening to on a daily basis (or on repeat, whatever you like). Its quite different to the rest of his musical repertoire, more fast and boppy, but if this is a sign of what is to come, I’m not complaining!


A beauty thing I have been using and loved over the past month is a moisturiser, as I haven’t really worn makeup recently (mostly because I can’t be bothered). It is the Formula 10.0.6 Picture Perfect Day Gel Moisturiser. I have used it in the morning every day since I ran out of my other moisturiser (the Simple one) and I have quite enjoyed it. It sinks into my skin quickly and makes my skin really super soft. Also, it has an SPF of 15, meaning that my skin is protected for the short amount of time I’m in the sun. The moisturiser claims to refine pores and promotes clear skin, and I would say it does that, as I currently have no pimples (for now…).

I would also like to announce that I might start a story on Wattpad to continue the little scene I posted last week. I won’t update it very often (once a month at least, depending on my schedule), but if you want more of the story I will do it. I quite like the story and I have a few ideas of where I could take it.

What are your April Favourites? Do you like mine? Should I start a Wattpad story?


Love, Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment